Jun 12, 2014

False Pretence

Once again poetry time!!! This one I made while returning from work oneday, during the roller coaster ride of our company tempo traveler. If asked about inspiration, then my Facebook friend and a good poet himself, Muzammil Karim's one of the latest poems would be the one. Although the theme is not the same, but nevertheless his poems really do make me think and feel at the same time.



Under false pretence I call you up every time,
As if to know the syllabus or what classes shall we have next week,
But all  I want to do is to listen to your voice when alone or in a crowd and stop the time.

Under false pretence I touch your hand,
As if to admire your latest watch or just to pretend that I can read your hand,
When all I want to do is to wrap my hands in those long warm fingers and never let them go, any time, anywhere.

Under false pretence I try to make you laugh,
By sharing a poor joke, or imitating someone's silly act,
When all I want is to listen to the music the resonates when you laugh and drown myself in that.

Under false pretence I declare my love,
By telling how much I love your sense of style or the poetic bend of your mind,
When all I want to say how much I love every bits and pieces of you,
That loving you makes me love myself,
But don't have the courage to say it out aloud.


My false pretence thus continues, amidst the only truth - my Love.


No comments: