Aug 10, 2009

Movies, reviews and I

Movies are my business......no, no...I don't mean I act in movies...nor my Dad is a movie producer..I actually love movies.....my parents tell me that I'm an addict precisely....Yes, I do get involved while watching certain movies....n I do cry at movie theatres shamelessly while watching emotional scenes...but, Naye...I vehemently deny the above allegation...so I'm not guilty, till proved.

If you watch a movie with me at theatre or at home...n sit beside me, my friends (actually my Dad too) would tell you to sit beside me at your own risk...Naye...I definitely don't bite...all I do is (innocently!) pass comments and well...eh....head butt (not like Zidane) n....err.....constantly tug one's arm, or slap one's arm when I get excited (mind you only when I get excited). So watching movies with me is a constant active phase.....if it's a good movie..i.e, I like it...I will head butt, tug /slap your arms more..i.e, all these head butts, tugging and slapping are directly proportional to the quality of the movie!

Another thing that I'm good at (or that's what i guess) related to movies, is reviewing or better criticizing them.....This trait of mine started first with the movie "Yaadein' - starring Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor. I still remember that day ...it was in the Santoshpur Minibus. Three of us - Sami, Bubu (or was it Moni?) and I...we publicly dissected the movie like how you would dissect a frog in the biology lab!! From how absurd it was to show Hrithik swimming in the ocean with a boat tied on to his back to how could he ride a bicycle hands- free, when the doctor told Kareena that he was in a critical state just moments before that...... we sort of criticized each and every scene of the movie!!! And man! we were actually shouting so loudly in the bus, as if we were discussing a silly thing in our drawing room!!!Believe me.....I daresay, none of the bus passengers who were riding with us in the same bus, watched that movie in their entire life after listening to our review of the Film ;P....So now you know why the movie did such a miserable business!!!!!

Well this is just one instance of my (actually our) movie review sessions..there were and still are quite a few......but I don't want to reveal them all....I don't want the producers of those movies to sue me or slay me ;)....So for the rest...you need to accompany me in one of those sessions...and believe me....you would truly get entertained...till then adios :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ur post made me smile..it sure mstb risky business sitting beside u in a muvie hall..;)but telme..wen r v hving r next brainstorming/debate session..u kno..r usual ADDA!!

Hermis said...

No it's not risky (dont say like that..people won't sit beside me anymore in the theater!)...but it's truly a worthy experience...everyone should try it atleast once!

Sami said...

U r joking..its a risky business sitting nxt to u..ur head butts r torturous..lolz