Dec 27, 2008

Me and my misadventures!!!

Well whenever it comes to me, somehow all adventures turn into misadventures......so whenever I use the term adventure for me.....be assured that it would be some kind of misadventure! Anyways, so let's come to the story.

The story goes back to this year's 'Navami', Durga Puja. Me along with my friends Pilu & Momo decided that we'd go out together for pandal-hopping like last year. So we had planned everything...like we 'd visit Badamtala Sangha,66 Palli n other pandals near Rashbehari and then after having lunch at Bachchan's Dhaba,we'd visit the other pandals near Behala and the rest. As planned,we had decided about meeting at Rashbehari crossing at 11 am and as usually we reached late (and mind you, I was first one to reach!). Then as planned we proceeded towards Badamtala. Just when we were going for our Lunch, suddenly I heard, naye actually felt something bubbling inside my stomach!.......Those who know me very well, they know I might be termed as female version of "Pelaram", a "Petroga" to the core! I usually survive on 'Imodium' - a medicine on these pathetic days.

Anyways, at that juncture I could very well understand what I needed at that moment,of course not any lunch.........but something else!I seriously did not know what to do...and I was feeling very embarrassed to express my real 'need' to my friends. So I thought that for a while I'd suppress my 'need'.....but aye! I couldn't suppress it for long. And finally I turned towards my friend Pilu and told her that I was feeling very sick and I needed to go to her home desperately(by the way she lives in Chetla). Obviously,they could not make out the seriousness of the situation, as they were desperately hungry. But amongst the murmured protest, I finally told them about the seriousness of the situation...that if I don't go to her home....well I didn't want to recreate any of infancy moments at that situation..........So,my friends yielded....but Aye!did you think that everything was okey-dokey after that? Naye! in that emergency situation, there was a big....n I mean a BIG traffic jam on the Chetla bridge. All the vehicles weren't moving an inch.....though we had boarded a bus, but that 'rest in motion' condition was affecting me like hell! I was feeling that very soon I was going to burst out...and my stupid friends kept on teasing me in that emergency condition! What they were saying I can't tell you, ........What can I say...they didn't even understand what I was going through...I daresay if they fall into this condition in their lifetime...they'd understand what I was going through then!!!!!!

So, finally after a 30 minutes wait (it seemed like a lifetime to me), we reached Pilu's home and I rushed to her home and obviously I was the first one to ring the bell, and without even saying 'Hi' n the other formalities to Kakima, I rushed to the ultimate place of 'Solace' and of course did not return before 10 minutes!!!!!!And my friends...I can say you 1 thing surely from experience that nothing gives you more heavenly and relieving feeling than this!!!......LOL!!!!!

No comments: